Rotary Club of Manningham
"Where you can become one in a million – because that’s how many friends you have worldwide as a Rotarian"
We are one of approximately 31,000 Rotary clubs comprising more than a million service-minded men and women in 163 countries. Rotary Manningham is a network of some 50 business and professional decision-makers. Last year we funded projects that benefit the young and disadvantaged and promote better understanding between people.
Club members meet every Monday evening to enjoy each other’s company while listening to interesting speakers. Working to the motto of Service Above Self, they tackle a variety of challenging tasks and have plenty of fun on the way.
WE DO THINGS! Last year the club raised $150,000 to address poverty and environmental problems in our immediate community and further afield. A few examples of some of the projects we are involved in are listed below (click on the links to find out more):
- Raise funds for emergency relief for victims of natural disasters (eg Disaster Aid Australia and Shelterbox)
- Support Alzheimer's Australia Vic and co-sponsor "A Night To Remember"
- Conduct the annual Charity Golf Day in support of prostate research through the Victorian Prostate Cancer Research Consortium
- Conduct the Rotary Environmental Tree Planting (REPS)
- Operate the Rummage Shop (in Jackson Court)
- Co-sponsor the Manningham Business Excellence Awards (in conjunction with the other Rotary Clubs in the manningham Cluster)
- Manage Rotary Youth Exchanges (we sponsor students to different countries and host overseas students in Manningham - with the support of East Doncaster Secondary College)
- Support the Statewide Vision Resource Centre in Donvale
- Host the Annual Christmas Lunch for Thornbury Senior Citizens
- Support Rotary Internationals' program to eliminate polio (We are 'this close')
- Support Kind Cuts For Kids Foundation and Suture Box Projects.
Rotary Manningham arranges one meeting a month that is of special interest to members’ partners. This family spirit extends to the club’s Rotary Rummage Shop in Doncaster East where many members and partners spend a few hours regularly as helpers, producing much of the club’s revenue and projecting the image of Rotary as a valuable contributor to community welfare.
If you are interested in finding out more, simply send a message to our Secretary (CLICK HERE), call into the Rummage Shop in Mitchell St (Jackson Court), Doncaster East or arrange to come to a meeting as our guest to see what we do.